General Submission Terms and Conditions*
Thank you for your interest in Hollywords, LLC and the Hollywords® media and entertainment industry reference materials (the Project). This click-wrap agreement (the Agreement) represents a legal contract between you (the Contributor) and Hollywords, LLC (Hollywords). Please read it before submitting any material (a Contribution), since by submitting a Contribution you are agreeing to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, please do not submit a Contribution.
- Contribution. “Contribution” refers to all material that you have provided, or may provide in the future, to Hollywords in connection with the Project, including (without limitation) definitions, annotations, directory entries, editorial comments, interviews, photographs, and artwork of all kinds.
- Rights Conveyed. In order to permit Hollywords to use the Contribution to the greatest extent possible, you hereby grant Hollywords the right (but not the obligation) to edit, adapt, translate, and/or combine the Contribution with other materials, and to use, re-use, publish, display, and generally exploit the Contribution in any number of works, both as part of the Project and otherwise, all at its sole discretion. Accordingly, the rights conveyed to Hollywords are non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully assignable, perpetual, and may be exercised throughout the world and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
- Reserved Rights. Since the grant of rights is non-exclusive, you may also use the Contribution at your sole discretion in any and all media. However, you acknowledge that you are not reserving or acquiring rights of any kind in the Project or any other intellectual property of Hollywords.
- Assurances. You give Hollywords the assurance that the Contribution is your original work, and that no consent or permission from any other person is required for you to grant rights to Hollywords as described here. If, however, you provide Hollywords with material that is not your own original work, such as material from another source, then you agree to identify such material and provide a complete and detailed bibliography of all sources from which such material was quoted or derived. You agree to indemnify and defend Hollywords from any claim, loss, or liability arising from any breach of the foregoing assurances.
- Credit. You agree that Hollywords has the right, but not the obligation, to credit or otherwise acknowledge you or your Contribution, and to include your biographical and professional data, in connection with any use of the Contribution in a place, manner, and style to be determined by Hollywords.
- Consideration. You agree that you do not expect, nor are you entitled to, any further compensation for your Contribution.
- General Terms. This is an arm’s length agreement, and no co-authorship, employment, fiduciary, or other relationship is created between you and Hollywords. This Agreement, and all rights granted to Hollywords, may be freely assigned, licensed, or otherwise conveyed by Hollywords to third parties. Any dispute under this Agreement shall be submitted to confidential binding arbitration under the laws of California in Los Angeles County.
February 1, 2007
* Special terms and conditions apply to pre-authorized Project contributors, editors, and staff members, including rights transfer and compensation, and are documented in individual signed contracts that supersede this click-wrap agreement.
The writing, editing, or compiling of dictionaries.